We take our customers privacy seriously and we will only collect and use your personal information as outlined below.
Our Privacy Statement fully complies with the Privacy Act 1988 and represents the industry’s best practice. All efforts have been made to be GDPR compliant as of 25th May, 2018.
Personal Information Collected
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you access and use our website;
- during conversations with our team members;
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
- when you interact with us during promotions, competitions, special events, or by using devices within our stores; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process, for the purpose of assessment.
We may also collect personal information about you from the following third parties:
- retail brands and suppliers who provide goods and services within our stores. This may include other suppliers who provide products and services to you on our behalf; and
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may collect information about you from your nominated referees, where you have authorised us to do so.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your User Information is only Processed for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. The criteria for determining the duration for which we will keep your User Information are as follows: we will retain copies of your User Information in a form that permits identification only for as long as is necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy, unless applicable law requires a longer retention period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we plan to retain it for no longer than is necessary to fulfil a legitimate business need.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (“Purpose”):
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to create orders, transaction records, support tickets, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way made by LINCHPINS DESIGN and its related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, to assess your suitability for a position at made by LINCHPINS DESIGN.
Updating your Personal Information
You can update your personal information anytime. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details you would like changed.
Security of your Personal Information
LINCHPINS DESIGN ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored.
We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it’s no longer needed for our record retention purposes
LINCHPINS DESIGN uses 128 – bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors, service providers or distributors, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- retail brands and suppliers who provide goods and services within our stores. This may include other suppliers who provide products and services to you on our behalf;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- if you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application; and
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within India in connection with law enforcement activities.
Information Disclosed to Third-Parties
Cookies are either:
Our Cookies are either first party or third party. Whether a Cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the website or domain placing the Cookie. First Party Cookies are placed directly by us, while other parties we may do business with set Third Party Cookies. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
What Cookie types do we use?
- Session Cookies – which allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. We may use these for a variety of purposes such as remembering what you clicked on, on the previous page visited. These session Cookies expire after a browser session so would not be stored longer term; or
- Persistent Cookies – which are stored on your device in between browser sessions and allow your preferences or actions across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered. These Cookies do not expire once the browsing session closes and remain on your device until an expiration date set by the source of the Cookie.
What are the categories of the Cookies we use?
- Essential Cookies: These Cookies are essential to make our website work correctly, they enable you to move around our website and use our features and make purchases. These Cookies are necessary for the provision of our services and if you do not want us to collect such information, you won’t be able to use our site or make purchases.
- Performance Cookies: These Cookies help us understand how you interact with our website, by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on the website, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. This helps us understand and improve the performance of our website.
- Functionality Cookies: These Cookies allow our website to remember if you have previously visited our site or the choices you make (such as your user name, store cart) to provide a more personalised online experience.
- Targeting/Advertising Cookies: These Cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests. They may be used to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement.
How do you manage Cookies?
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept Cookies. You can change the settings to manage Cookies being sent to your device.
About Breaches of Privacy
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect your User Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, unauthorised access, and other unlawful or unauthorised forms of Processing, in accordance with applicable law. In certain instances we may use Secure Sockets Layer encryption and/or transfer certain User Information in a non-human readable format to provide protection. However, we cannot guarantee there will not be a breach, and we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of any third parties.
Because the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will implement reasonable measures to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Information that you send to us are sent securely.
If we identify a breach in our platform, we will notify you within 7 days of identification.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by made by LINCHPINS DESIGN please contact us at email@example.com and we will resolve the issue.
Collection of Computer Data & Web Browsers
When you visit LINCHPINS DESIGN's steelpodz.in, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- Your computer’s IP address
- Browser type
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our site
- The pages with in steelpodz.in you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics. This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Unsubscribing from Email Subscriptions
From time-to-time LINCHPINS DESIGN may send you electronic marketing
You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time:
- Open any newsletter sent to you by LINCHPINS DESIGN.
- Scroll to the bottom of the newsletter and click ‘Unsubscribe’.
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org